4th Wine & Hospitality Management Workshop - at the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Italy
5-6 september 2022
The Alliance for Research on Wine and Hospitality Management invites your submission for presentation at the “4th Wine & Hospitality Management Workshop.” It is designed to be a small-scale, high-quality workshop, allowing for intense interaction of participants and practitioners. Submissions will be reviewed by the selection committee for presentation at the workshop. The workshop allows for presentation of papers-in-progress that can benefit from discussion. Presenters of accepted papers agree to act as discussants.
We welcome submissions on topics of general interest to the wine and hospitality professions. Special consideration will be given to papers on the following topics:
- Environmental, cultural and socioeconomic issues (climate change, online and expert reviews, wine tourism and hospitality, culinary tourism and restaurants, etc.);
- Analysis and forecasting of demand and prices for wine and/or restaurants;
- Investments in the wine and/or restaurants markets (direct/indirect investments, performance indicators, benchmark, valuation, etc.);
- Marketing, development strategies and supply chain management for wineries and/or restaurants;
- Organizational and governance issues of restaurants and/or wineries;
- Optimal design and management of wine lists.
We welcome full papers and extended abstracts (min. 2,000 words, incl. information on research question, data, methodology, preliminary results). Please email a PDF file with author affiliations and an anonymous PDF file to:
Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed by 10 July 2022 and are asked to submit a draft of the full paper by August 10th. After the workshop, selected authors will be invited to submit their full papers for publication in a special issue of the Journal of Wine Economics (JWE, IF=1.569). Invited papers will go through the standard double-blind review process. An invitation to submit a paper to the special issue is no guarantee it will be accepted for publication. Further details about the conference and the special issue(s) will be posted on the Alliance website.
Authors of accepted abstracts will be informed by 10 July 2022 and are asked to submit a draft of the full paper by August 10th
After the workshop, selected authors will be invited to submit their full papers for consideration in a special issue of the Journal of Wine Economics. Invited papers will go through the standard double-blind review process. An invitation to submit a paper to the special issue is no guarantee it will be accepted by the editors for publication.
The Wine & Hospitality Management Workshop is an annual event jointly organized by the Alliance for Research on Wine & Hospitality Management created in 2017 by the Cornell SC Johnson College of Business, Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne, the Hong Kong Polytechnic University School of Hotel & Tourism Management, KEDGE Business School and the Free University of Bozen/Bolzano. The Alliance aims to promote excellent research in the fields of Wine & Hospitality Management.
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION & VENUE
The Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University in Bozen-Bolzano will host the workshop which includes a social program with a conference dinner and an optional tour before and after the workshop.
Workshop registration is open
The registration fee covers 2 dinners (gala and casual), 2 luncheons, and the coffee breaks.
The hiking tour on Sunday and winery visits are optional and not included in the regular registration.
- Regular registration fee (before August 15): €280
- Regular registration fee (after August 15): €330
- Discounted registration for students (before August 15): €175
- Discounted registration for students (after August 15): €225
Participants should arrive by Sunday September 4th to guarantee a full 2-day workshop